Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Here's to you!

I'm going to blog about two of the best friends I will ever have: Zack and Les.


Zack and I always were best friends, even when we were little.


I know that our goofiness can offend at times. But Zack is my goofy release. What I mean is that although I don't show it to many people, I can be a very serious person. When Zack and I get together, we just know how to bring out the lightheartedness in each other. Quite often, if I'm left without a goofy release, I will drive myself to ulcers! You guys might not realize it, but Zack and I can also have some very serious and deep conversations. These conversations are usually one-on-one without witnesses and I can say that I have shared some of the most inspirational and thought provoking words in my life with Zack.


If you're wondering what's in his mouth, it's a slice of cheese.


I remember all the wonderful times that Arden and I had with Leslie whenever we were in Castle Dale. Leslie and I became very close. Sometimes life clouds what's really important, and when I look at old pictures and read the blogs I feel sad that I wasn't in more of them, but I look forward to being there in the future if I can. Although we don't hang out very much anymore I love you just as much as I ever did, Les! That will be a constant fact in my rapidly changing life. My family is the anchor, thank you all for everything that you've done for me, knowingly or unknowingly. Expressing my gratitude will never be enough because I don't manifest it well, but I hope that I have been able to return even a small fraction of the love that everyone of you has shown me.

4 comments:

Whit said...

Speaking of making people cry. good job. So, are you coming to my birthday party. Its a sure way to get in on some awesome pictures. Yes, I am in denial about my age, but I still want people to come celebrate with me. Come to Saras on Sunday. It will be a great shindig to remember for all times.

Madison said...

Hahaha OK I'll definitely be there!

The Schauerhamers said...

I have to admit it was pretty tough dropping him off at the airport yesterday. But more than anything I'm very excited to hear from him and see how everything is going down south. I'm excited to hear about companions, the terrain, the language, the members and the investigators. Make sure you write him often he will LOVE to hear from you. You and I both know what a strong person he is and we know he will be a great missionary. As for Leslie..... :) She'll be just as awesome dont' you think? I look forward to having two missionaries out so that we can read TWO emails a week. They have both been great examples and I'm glad you see it too.

Alan and Shelley said...

Thank you, sweet Madison, for your love and attachment to Zack. He loves you too. I've posted his addresses, so get to work and email.