Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A long overdue overview of my summer trip!

Well here's a blog about my summer vacation this year. I thought it was a good way to end the year. First I spent a few days in Bluefield just hanging out with my mom and my brothers. Then we drove to Washington DC and saw the Museum of Natural History and the Holocaust Memorial Museum. After our day trip there we drove up to New York and spent the rest of the week with my Grandma. Here are the pictures!




"Thou shalt not be a victim. Thou shalt not be a perpetrator. Above all, thou shalt not be a bystander."



This is the very outside of the museum.


This was a large circular room called the Hall of Remembrance, it had a very hushed and reverent feel. On the wall behind the flame was a quote that said, "Only guard yourself and guard your soul carefully, lest you forget the things your eyes saw, and lest these things depart your heart all the days of your life. And you shall make them known to your children and to your children's children."


This was the roof of the main hall, the architecture was great.


I don't think that I will ever forget my visit. It really did shake me, and in a way it changed me.




This is my favorite picture of my Grandma's house. I was surprised about how cool it looked when it was posted. :)



An artsy photo of Ardy ;)



These are a few pictures of the little pond right up the dirt road from my Grandma's house.





These are some pictures of my Grandma's backyard.



3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Beautiful pictures. It was nice to see you and your family on sunday.

Alan and Shelley said...

You have a definate talent with photography Maddy. Keep it up

Alan

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....